As I peruse other blogs in My Reader, I often run across little tidbits like this( below in quotes) that validate my claims and this one sucked me in right away as the title was about Eating Elephants ( one of my favorite things!See my own post here: “https://wordpress.com/block-editor/post/theglassvidalia.home.blog/601)
Anyway- Thank you , Honey Homestead ….
“In 1979, interviewers asked newly graduated students of the Harvard MBA Program, “Have you set clear, written goals for your future and made plans to accomplish them?”
- 84% had no specific goals
- 13% had goals but had not actually written them down
- 3% had written goals and a plan to accomplish them
In 1989, that same class was once again interviewed.
- The aforementioned 13% with goals earned twice as much as the 84 percent who had no goals at all.
- However the 3% who had written goals were earning, on average, 10X as much as the other 97% combined.”
Now, I have talked many times, in many ways about this. Making and specifically- writing down your goals! But this really says what I wanted to say in a nutshell. And provides validation as well.
The rest of that post is relevant also and lines up completely with my own assertions so maybe go take a gander at it when you have time.. Every little reminder helps keep ME in line, so just passing it along:)..